I help health and community based organizations develop and train patient navigators and community health workers. The training I provide can be tailored to fit the needs of the particular organization and I offer either in-person, online, or hybrid programs.
Core competencies and health topics are available. Below is a set of core competencies that I believe are critical in training the community health worker/patient navigator workforce.
- Patient Navigator/Community Health Worker Roles and Responsibilities
- Organization Skills
- Documentation Skills
- Individual and Community Assessment
- Service Coordination and Navigating the Health Care System
- Cultural Competency and Culturally Responsive Care
- Social Determinants of Health and Health Disparities
- Self Care for the Patient Navigator and Community Health Worker
- Breast Health
- Cervical Health
- Chronic Disease Management
- Cardiovascular Health
In the past five years, I have worked with a film maker to develop a set of films that showcase the work of the navigator and community health worker. You can view them by clicking on the links below.